|Professor Sheila Rowan, Director of the Institute for Gravitational Research in the School of Physics and Astronomy, was the Women in Physics lecturer in 2014.|
The Australian Institute of Physics Women in Physics Lecture Tour celebrates the contribution of women to advances in physics. Under this scheme, a woman who has made a significant contribution in a field of physics will be selected to present lectures in venues arranged by each participating state branch of the AIP. Nominations are currently sought for the AIP WIP Lecturer for 2015. We are seeking a woman working in Australia who:
- has made a significant contribution in a field of physics research
- has demonstrated public speaking ability
- is available in 2015 to visit Canberra and each of the six Australian State capital cities and surrounding regions.
Nominations should be sent via mail or email to the AIP Special Projects Officer (see information below) via the nomination form (please click here to download the nomination form). Self-nomination is welcomed, as are nominations from branches or employers/colleagues.
- Nominee’s details
- Nominee’s CV, including a detailed record of presentations to the general public, schools and media
- A 300-500 word nomination which should include:
- a brief statement of the research area of interest to the nominee,
- an outline of her significant contributions to physics,
- references to key publications in which these contributions were presented (via curriculum vitae)
- evidence of her ability to give a lecture which will excite an enthusiastic response in senior secondary and undergraduate students. (NOTE: this requirement must be adequately addressed in order for the nominee to be considered for selection)
Closing Date: 27 February 2015
Applications and nominations should be sent by email to the AIP Special Projects Officer